Swimming Sports 2020
Swimming Sports will be held on Thursday 13 February 2020 at the Lido.
Competitive events will take place from 9am. These events are optional. Only students who have registered in competitive races will attend the morning events. Competitors must make their own way to the pool by 8.45am sharp. Students who are not participating in the competitive events will attend school in the morning as per normal.
The full school will attend from 1pm to 3pm (weather permitting). On this afternoon, form teachers will walk with their classes to the pool. Students who are not competitors can participate in the inter-house tabloid competition. These are fun events and attract many entries. We encourage students to participate in as many of these events as possible as all entries gain points for the inter-house competition.
Students will be dismissed from the pool at 2.50pm to return to school or make their way home.
• Students must wear mufti (no cost)
• Clothing must be in keeping with house colours and suitable for both sunny and cold conditions
• Competitive swimmers must bring swimming togs, at least two towels and warm clothing in case it gets cold
• Those students entering tabloids events must bring suitable swimwear - jeans are not permitted
• All students must come prepared with sunscreen, a sun hat and a drink bottle of water
• There will be limited food sales available
Bad weather may mean the full school will not attend in the afternoon. If this is the case normal classes will continue for those students not competing in the finals.