Term Update - 21 April 2020
As you may have heard the Government is moving the country to Level Three. This means the College will be open to supervise some students who are Year 9 or Year 10, AND whose caregivers have returned to work (outside of the home), AND need them supervised as there are no alternatives, from 9am to 3pm, starting Wednesday 29 April 2020.
Please note that normal timetabled classes will NOT be operating and students will be required to work independently so that we can maintain a safe distance between staff and students.
It is still the government's position that people should remain in their bubbles whenever possible, therefore we ask you only send your child if absolutely necessary.
This is not an “opt in and out” situation. This is so we can accurately report on who attended. Once students are registered to attend, unless sick, they must attend. If your child is unwell please let the College know they will not be in; just like other school days.
If they are needing to be supervised (no teaching), please note, and discuss with your child, the following:
• Send them with their Ministry booklets (if they have arrived);
• There will be no canteen operating so will need to supply their own food/drink;
• They are to attend in full uniform, and all normal school rules apply;
• Buses may not be running;
• Students will not be allowed to congregate at break times and must maintain a distance of at least 2m;
• The school day will run from 9am to 3pm (including Friday's). No students are to leave the grounds during the day, or be onsite outside these times;
• If they have a device please bring to school;
• Under no circumstances can your child meet up with friends before, or after school, nor can friends arrive at school to meet up for lunch etc;
• Your child can not come to school if they are sick (with any symptoms e.g. - runny nose, cough, sore throat etc);
• Students will be “small bubbles” of up to ten students, and will have to maintain the distance rules at all times in class, and during supervised breaks.
The school office remains closed at this time. Phone messages can be left.
We need this information urgently so we can organise appropriate staffing.