Withdrawal Room Administrator, Permanent, 21.5 hours/week
Awatapu College seeks a highly efficient and proactive individual to work in Withdrawal Room.
A position is available for up to 21.5 hours per week, term time only. This position will work in partnership with identified students and school staff.
Please refer below for a full job description.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience working with at risk students, or those in Alternative Education
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Confidence to deal with a range of students/whanau
- Willingness and flexibility to work within all areas of the College if required
- A full driver’s licence
- A Social Work qualification and/or experience in Alternative Education is preferred, but not essential
This is a permanent position to commence Monday 3 May 2021.
Applicants for the position must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa. The successful applicant will also be required to undergo a Police Vet.
Please apply in writing with cover letter, CV and two nominated referees to:
434 Botanical Road
Applications close 3pm, Wednesday 31 March.
Withdrawal Room Administrator
Title of Position:
Withdrawal Room Administrator (Grade B / Step 1)
Student Support Network
Business Manager (for all employment issues)
8 March 2021
The Withdrawal Room Administrator is responsible to the Principal and Board of Trustees through the Business Manager.
Lines of Communication
- Direct communication with Associate Principal (day to day duties) & Business Manager (all HR matters)
- Liaison with Year Level Deans, Guidance Department, Learning Support, and Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Communication with parents and caregivers
The aim is to provide support and manage the College’s Withdrawal Room in accordance with the College’s guidelines.
Key Tasks (as directed by the Associate Principal)
- To take responsibility for the day to day management of the Withdrawal Room
- To develop a positive working relationship with parents and caregivers, Deans, Business Manager, and SMT
- To assist with the testing of Year 9 students at the beginning of the year; if requested
- To keep accurate records of students in the withdrawal room
- To assist Learning Support / Guidance when Withdrawal Room closed
- Data entry as required / requested
- Other duties as negotiated with the Principal and/or Associate Principal
- Demonstrated ability to develop, and review, systems for efficient office administration and organisation
- Have experience working with teenagers (e.g. Social Work or Alternative Education settings)
- Relevant and appropriate qualifications, skills and experience suitable for the position
Skills and Attributes
- Accuracy, attention to detail, confidentiality and loyalty are essential
- Competent and confident in the use and application of computer packages, and other specialised software packages suitable for use the Withdrawal Room (eg MS Word / Excel/ Google Docs / KAMAR / ASSAY)
- Ability to conduct, and present, data analysis when requested.
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment and to co-ordinate key activities
- Ability to work independently and also co-operate effectively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written skills including the ability to draft correspondence
- Pro-actively seeks out and willingly accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Works effectively and efficiently in a variety of circumstances, responding to changes in work settings and tasks, often at short notice
- Produces and delivers quality results, is action orientated and committed to achieving high quality work and meeting deadlines
- Empathy towards all cultures
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of Te Reo and Tikanga
- Willingness to conduct home visits on occasions
- Willingness to work in Learning Support when requested
- Abide by approved school policies and procedures.
- Carry out tasks in a manner that enhances the work and reputation of Awatapu College
- Hours of work are Term time only (Term 1-4). Monday to Thursday: 8.55am – 1.35pm / Friday 8.55am – 12.35pm (21.5 hours per week)
- Hourly rate is currently $21.78 p/h ($936.54 p/fortnight)