CCS Disability Action
CCS Disability Action
Girlguiding NZ - you be the guide
GirlGuiding NZ has a 110 year history of making sure girls in NZ are strong, resilient and connected. And in Term 3 of 2020, our joining fees are half price!
Here are just 3 of the reasons girls choose GirlGuides:
▪ They get to do fun things with their friends every week.
▪ They get involved in the community.
▪ They learn new skills in a safe environment.
All this in 1½ - 2 hours, one night a week each term, in a safe environment.
Check out their website here to register
Bee Card is almost here! Horizons are rolling out a new bus ticketing system across our region’s bus services.This will affect any students who use Horizons bus services to get to and from school. From 20 July 2020 students will need to use a Bee Card to travel, this replaces the GoCard. Bee Cards are available on the bus, at www.beecard.co.nz, or via Freephone 0508 800 800.
Students can still get child fares (ages 5-15) and monthly passes using the Bee Card. However to get these benefits students need to register their card. The easiest way to do this is online at www.beecard.co.nz, have their new Bee Card card number, provide name address and date of birth.
The new system is much more user friendly, with cards able to be ordered and managed online (from registering, top ups, cancelling lost cards and managing multiple cards).
Fares are currently free, but students will need a card, register it online, and top it up ready for when they come back to school for start of Term 3, when fares will start to be charged again.
Horizons Regional Council have now been operating the majority of its normal services since moving into Alert Level 2.
A reminder, there are some Covid-19 Level 2 requirements that we ask you to assist with:
• When boarding services we need students to be patient and take time as they board. We have had instances of students rushing on to services making it difficult for the driver to count and manage their vehicles capacity. Your assistance with managing the after school boarding of buses, ensuring that physical distancing can be maintained, and making arrangements for any students not able to board the bus due to the restricted capacity caused by the physical distancing requirements is appreciated. Please note, bus drivers are not able to perform this function.
• When students from the same family/bubble are travelling together, they need to make sure that they let the driver know they are in the same bubble and are travelling together.
• When ‘School Only’ services are provided, we ask that students make use of these services rather than public services, as we cannot guarantee there will be space on public services to carry the students.